PSD bug

Post bug reports and suggestions for TextMaker 2008 for Linux.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

carandol

PSD bug

Post by carandol » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:19 am

Here's a little bug which needs fixing before the next version (if not already done!).

I've got a .psd graphics file which I want to put in a document. Textmaker won't recognise .psd as a valid graphics format; in the normal list of graphics types it doesn't get listed, and if I switch to show all file types so I can see it, I get an "Invalid picture file" message when I try to load it. But if I load the picture into a document in OpenOffice, save it, and load it into TextMaker, the picture shows up fine, and can be copied and pasted into the document I want it in, so TextMaker obviously *can* handle .psd files.
carandol

jimjutte
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: PSD bug

Post by jimjutte » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:39 am

Well, you either got lucky or it got missed in Windows as well. In Windows however I can't even get it to accept it into a text file.

Sven... any thoughts? PSD is Adobe Photoshop.
Cheers
Jim

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:35 am

TextMaker cannot handle PSD files. It seems OpenOffice.org has a filter for this and converts it to another format, which TextMaker can load.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

carandol

Post by carandol » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:12 pm

Ah, that would explain it. Every time I think I can remove the bloated monster that is OpenOffice.org from my system, the damn thing goes and makes itself useful! :D
carandol

Return to “TextMaker 2008 for Linux”