Psion Netbook

Post bug reports and suggestions for TextMaker 2008 for Windows CE.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

vrf

Psion Netbook

Post by vrf » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:43 pm

well, I ended up with a Psion Netbook Pro. (Was thinking about an Eee.) Anyhow, I tried installing the trial version of Textmaker 2008 and it said "The file"\Storage Card\tm2008_en_hires.cab" is not a valid Windows CE Setup file."

So... what am I doing wrong. The Softmaker Office 2008 page says it should work on a Psion Netbook. Any tips!

Thanks!

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Psion Netbook

Post by sven-l » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:32 am

Hello,

we tested it with a PSION Netbook Pro with Windows CE 4.2. The installation of TextMaker (high resolution) on the CF memory card was successfully and TextMaker started without any error message.

Please note that you need Windows CE 4.2 or higher to run SoftMaker Office on your Netbook Pro.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

vrf

Post by vrf » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:19 pm

Yup, it works now. I didn't realize I had to extract the .cab file on the PC first.

Is there a discount on just Textmaker CE? I do not need the other Planmaker or Presentations, just Textmaker. But I can't swing $79.95 for a word processor, even as good a one as this.

Some time ago, I heard that Textmaker was on Ebay for $15? Was that correct?

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:37 am

Hello,

yes we sell TextMaker 2002 on Ebay which you can use for Windows CE but we would suggest to use the TextMaker 2008 for Windows CE. It is much more stable and comes with more features than TextMaker 2002.

If you want to purchase only the TextMaker 2008 for Windows CE please write a short mail to sales (at) softmaker.de
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

vrf

Post by vrf » Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:31 am

Thanks for that. I wrote a message to the sales address. I'm not sure they understood my English, since they just said there would be a 20% discount, the same 20% as the Black Friday weekend sale.

I just want Textmaker 2008 CE. That's it.

I'm a teacher, so I would qualify for an education discount (although it looks like you only have the discount for the Windows version.) Could I buy Textmaker 2008 CE for the teacher's price of the Windows version? I would be happy to show proof of my status as a teacher.

Thanks,
Vance

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:53 am

Hello,

unfortunately we don't have educational prices of TextMaker for Windows CE but if you purchase the SoftMaker Office 2008 for Windows CE in our Shop now you will get the 20 % discount. Please write just a small note in the comment field.

Educational prices are only available for SoftMaker Office for Windows (Windows 2000/XP/Vista) and Linux.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2008 for Windows CE”