why so slow?

Post bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Presentations 2008 for Pocket PCs.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

thebaron

why so slow?

Post by thebaron » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:12 pm

I've installed Presentations on my HTC Advantage. I was very interested in the software especially because of the ability to ink up slides during presentation. However, I've found that the slide show is very very slow. Especially concerning is a several second delay between advancing slides. Has any one else had this problem? I've installed both the internal memory and to an SD card with no difference in performance. I'd love to use this program exclusively, but if it is always this slow that would be very frustrating.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: why so slow?

Post by sven-l » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:32 am

Hello,

the performance of Presentations hardly depends on the hardware you use. The more slides, objects (pictures, ect.) and animations you include into your presentation the more memory and cpu-power your device need to run it fluently.

When we had a HTC Touch here, we tested it with some presentations (every one with 3-5 slides) and it run without any performance problems.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

gurachn

Post by gurachn » Thu May 28, 2009 6:35 am

I also noted the same problem.
I give a lot of presentations, and very few of them areless than 10-15 slides, generally with images and text entrance animations.
I have a Dell Axim x51v with 128MB RAM - definitely in the high end in terms of graphic and processing power, and I have not been able to run even the simplest of my presentations.

It would useful if you could give some guidelines on how to create presentations that will actually run well, e.g. numbers of slides/types of animations/image frequency size, etc.
Even better would be to post a link to a sample ppt that clearly exemplifies the type of presentations we could expect to run.

Thanks

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Thu May 28, 2009 9:31 am

There is no example, except the Templates that comes with Presentations. Please note that the next version of Presentations will be more optimized and run the presentations more fluently than Presentations 2008 do.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

gurachn

Post by gurachn » Thu May 28, 2009 10:20 am

That
sven-l wrote:Please note that the next version of Presentations will be more optimized and run the presentations more fluently than Presentations 2008 do.
That is excellent news. Any idea when the new version will be out?
Also, will it support the office 2007 (.pptx) format?

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Thu May 28, 2009 10:58 am

Currently we have no release date for the next version of our Office but I think that it will be released sometime in 2009. We are working on a pptx-filter but it will take a bit longer to finish it than the next Office.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker Presentations 2008 for Pocket PCs”