Input Validation Error

Post bug reports and suggestions for PlanMaker 2008 for Pocket PCs.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

AndreUK

Input Validation Error

Post by AndreUK » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:11 pm

Firstly, i'd just like to say that i'm extremely impressed with Planmaker for Pocket PC, it has integrated very well with Excel in Mac: Office'08 (as long as I save the file in .xls format!).

I have noticed a problem with using Input Validation in cells. If you set up Input Validation with a list, for instance, and then select the "Error Message" tab and un-tick "Show error message after invalid data is entered" the program crashes / freezes once you click OK.

I do this as I often have a drop down list of items that I enter into a cell (e.g. a list of commonly performed operations), but frequently have to enter data manually that's not on the list (e.g. a rarely performed operation) - hence the reason for turning off error messages.

Excel on my laptop has no problem with this, but I can't "force" Planmaker to do this, either by syncing the changes, or trying to do it manually on my Pocket PC (WM 5).

Any help would be appreciated,
Regards,
Andre.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Input Validation Error

Post by sven-l » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:55 am

Hello,

unfortunately we can't reproduce that crash with PlanMaker for Pocket PCs Revision 490. What Revision do you use? Can you send us a example file at forum (at) softmaker.de? Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “PlanMaker 2008 for Pocket PCs”