Problem after removing TextMaker

Post bug reports and suggestions for the TextMaker 2008 for Pocket PCs beta software.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

mgoren

Problem after removing TextMaker

Postby mgoren » Sat May 10, 2008 4:54 pm

Hi, I uninstalled TextMaker, PlanMaker etc' from my Dell X51V WM5 but I now see empty icons in my ppc Programs with the names of the programs that I removed. How can I delete the icons? Thanks.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Problem after removing TextMaker

Postby sven-l » Tue May 13, 2008 9:35 am

Hello,

did you just delete the programs directly from you Pocket PC? To uninstall SoftMaker Office 2008 Beta from your Pocket PC please connect the device with your PC via ActiveSync.
On your Desktop PC please go to START=>Settings=>Control Panel and open "Add or Remove Programs". Choose the SoftMaker Office 2008, click on "Remove" and follow the instructions on the screen. Now the SoftMaker Office 2008 Beta will be deleted from your Pocket PC.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

DrAT

Re: Problem after removing TextMaker

Postby DrAT » Sun May 18, 2008 1:22 pm

You can remove the 'dead' icons by going to \Windows\StartMenu and \Windows\StartMenu\Programs and deleting the .lnk files relating to SoftMaker applications eg. PlanMaker.lnk, TextMaker.lnk etc.
I'd suggest using the free Total Commander (http://www.ghisler.com/ce.htm) rather than File Explorer, though both will work.
WM2003SE - HP iPAQ hx4700 - 64Mb RAM

WM5 - XDA Mini S

WM6 - HP iPAQ 214 - 128Mb RAM

WM6.5 - HTC HD2 - 448Mb RAM

StowAway BT Keyboard

Return to “TextMaker 2008 for Pocket PCs BETA”