TextMaker on HTC X7501.

Post bug reports and suggestions for the TextMaker 2008 for Pocket PCs beta software.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

ealvarado

TextMaker on HTC X7501.

Postby ealvarado » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:03 am

I own a HTC X7501 with Mobile Windows 6.
I recently download the version 2008.
The suit is great.
I have some comments about the use of the suit in my Pocket PC.
The 7501 has a external keyboard. It has and option to use accents. I usually use this ones because I write a lot in Spanish. This feature is controlled with a file in the ROM (sym.0409.txt) which tell the order or the accented letter to be use. It can be use in all other programs. I write the letter that I want to be accented, the I push the "second function key" marked with a blue dot. Then the space bar. In the other programs it replaced the letter with the accented letter.
But when I using the suit, I got the letter that I typed and the accented letter. For example I type the "o" letter then I use the shortcut and I get "oó" instead of a single "ó". Also when I press the "second function key" a dot appears in the left side of the SIP. In the suit this dot don't appear, so its is difficult to to know if I had press the key; because the second key is also use to write numbers with the keyboard.
There is some solution for this problem?

Another thing I'm using 96 DPI resolution on my PPC, and the graphics, buttons, menus, etc, looks great.
Thanks for this great suit. I will post another issues about the using in my PPC, while I'm finding it.
Regards

amuehl

Re: TextMaker on HTC X7501.

Postby amuehl » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:36 am

Hello,

currently we have several known issues with external keyboards and characters with accents or German "umlaute". So we are aware of this problem and trying to fix them. I've forwarded your information to our developers -- thanks for your feedback.
Alexander Mühl
SoftMaker Software GmbH

DrAT

Postby DrAT » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:52 am

I use an external keyboard too. It's a bluetooth StowAway keyboard and I had problems initially. In my case, most of the trouble could be traced back to WM6's own drivers. It works pretty well with the StowAway drivers for WM5 (the keyboard was dropped before WM6 support was included. Thanks iGo!)
I'm not sure how yours is set up but thought I'd mention it.
WM2003SE - HP iPAQ hx4700 - 64Mb RAM

WM5 - XDA Mini S

WM6 - HP iPAQ 214 - 128Mb RAM

WM6.5 - HTC HD2 - 448Mb RAM

StowAway BT Keyboard

ealvarado

Postby ealvarado » Sat May 03, 2008 7:40 am

Hi.
Great work :toll:
With the new beta (Rev 488) my problem was solved.
Now I can use my keyboard as I want.

Regards.

Return to “TextMaker 2008 for Pocket PCs BETA”