Scribbling, drawing etc

Post bug reports and suggestions for the TextMaker 2008 for Pocket PCs beta software.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

pmaddern

Scribbling, drawing etc

Post by pmaddern » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:14 pm

Is there true handwriting in this Beta or just the capability to generate curves as in the current non - beta?

I was unable to draw in a freeform manner or create handwriting in TM 2008 and I realised that only curves were possible.

Peter

amuehl

Re: Scribbling, drawing etc

Post by amuehl » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:09 am

Hello,

TextMaker 2008 offers the same freeform option as TextMaker 2006. It can be found at: Object => New Drawing => Freeform.
Alexander Mühl
SoftMaker Software GmbH

pmaddern

Post by pmaddern » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:04 pm

In that case, I am going to find the drawing capability to be too restrictive.

In TM 2006, I found I was unable to draw or handwrite freely like I can in the Pocket PC Notes programme for example or like in PhatPaD.

To me, the description "freeform" for TM's drawing capability is not completely accurate.

Thanks

Peter

pmaddern

Post by pmaddern » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:10 pm

I will try to be more specific.

I don't believe that freeform is suitable for handwritng - for drawing a shape it's good, but not very useful for trying to write a sentece with it. You have to draw one letter, then select freeform again, then another letter.

Peter

amuehl

Post by amuehl » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:58 am

Hello,

I've forwarded your issue to our developers. Maybe this is something for our wishlist for upcoming versions. I will post any news regarding this issue into this thread.
Alexander Mühl
SoftMaker Software GmbH

uzziah0

Post by uzziah0 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:30 pm

I tried tinkering with the drawing, and I think I just don't get what you have or how it is to be used? Is there a example that shows what it does? (I'm thinking more towards something like MS Paint.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TextMaker on Dell Axim x51v WM5

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:55 pm

A real "paint" feature to be able to sign a document is already on our wish list.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

pmaddern

Post by pmaddern » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:57 pm

I've just seen news about a new Beta of Softmaker Office 2008 for Pocket PC's. It looks like the Softmaker Presentations will do what I would like the TextMaker for Pocket PC's to do but does not, namely the abilty to add proper handwriting and insert an audio recording. By handwriting, I don't mean like the restricted handwriting capability in TextMaker for PPC's where as I have explained in this thread, you have to select "freeform", draw a letter, select "freeform" again, draw the next letter and over and over. I mean proper flowing handwriting like you see in PhatPad.

Is this so? If so, I will try out this new beta.

Oh, and can you insert an image and re - position it on the screen in Softmaker Presentations in this new Beta of Softmaker Office 2008 for Pocket PC's?

Peter

amuehl

Post by amuehl » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:27 pm

pmaddern wrote:By handwriting, I don't mean like the restricted handwriting capability in TextMaker for PPC's where as I have explained in this thread, you have to select "freeform", draw a letter, select "freeform" again, draw the next letter and over and over. I mean proper flowing handwriting like you see in PhatPad.

Is this so? If so, I will try out this new beta.
We are sorry, but the freehand feature in Presentations works almost exactly as in TextMaker. So I guess it is not what you are looking for. A real freehand option is currently in discussion.
Oh, and can you insert an image and re - position it on the screen in Softmaker Presentations in this new Beta of Softmaker Office 2008 for Pocket PC's?
Yes of course, just insert a picture frame and move it around with your stylus.
Alexander Mühl
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2008 for Pocket PCs BETA”