Errors on HTC Touch using HTC Keyboard

Post bug reports and suggestions for the TextMaker 2008 for Pocket PCs beta software.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

igalan

Errors on HTC Touch using HTC Keyboard

Postby igalan » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:23 pm

Hi,

I just installed SoftMaker Office 2008 Beta on my HTC Touch to try it. I'm already user of Softmaker Office 2006, but this one is on a F-S Loox N560. Since the N560 is almost exclusively for work and it works fine, I didn't want to mess with it. My Touch is the 128 MB RAM / 256 NVRAM model (Elfin). I installed it on NVRAM, since I have plenty available (over 80 MB).

First the dialog where you fill in your personal and work data doesn't work with the HTC Keyboard. I had to switch to the standard on screen keyboard. But changing the SIP caused an error message (I clicked "send", I hope the error reports are actually sent to SoftMaker). Anyway the program continued to the main screen where I could switch to the HTC Keyboard again. I tried loading a simple document, writting a few words and then closed it. It fired another error. I think it has issues with the HTC Keyboard.

Also, I've been asking for this since the earlier versions of TextMaker, but a CAB installer would be a preferred choice for installation. It's possible to install a CAB from the PocketPC without a Windows PC; this includes Mac users, Linux users or PocketPC users without a PC. CAB installers can be customized and show dialogs where the user could select installation options, I've seen that in programs like SBSH Pocket Weather, so it's possible.

Thanks
HTC Desire S, F-S Loox N560

amuehl

Re: Errors on HTC Touch using HTC Keyboard

Postby amuehl » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:03 pm

igalan wrote:Hi,

I just installed SoftMaker Office 2008 Beta on my HTC Touch to try it. I'm already user of Softmaker Office 2006, but this one is on a F-S Loox N560. Since the N560 is almost exclusively for work and it works fine, I didn't want to mess with it. My Touch is the 128 MB RAM / 256 NVRAM model (Elfin). I installed it on NVRAM, since I have plenty available (over 80 MB).

First the dialog where you fill in your personal and work data doesn't work with the HTC Keyboard. I had to switch to the standard on screen keyboard. But changing the SIP caused an error message (I clicked "send", I hope the error reports are actually sent to SoftMaker). Anyway the program continued to the main screen where I could switch to the HTC Keyboard again. I tried loading a simple document, writting a few words and then closed it. It fired another error. I think it has issues with the HTC Keyboard.

I will forward this issue to our developers.

Also, I've been asking for this since the earlier versions of TextMaker, but a CAB installer would be a preferred choice for installation. It's possible to install a CAB from the PocketPC without a Windows PC; this includes Mac users, Linux users or PocketPC users without a PC. CAB installers can be customized and show dialogs where the user could select installation options, I've seen that in programs like SBSH Pocket Weather, so it's possible.

Right now, we are working on .cab files. I think they will be available soon. Please stay tuned.
Alexander Mühl
SoftMaker Software GmbH

igalan

Postby igalan » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:14 pm

I've been using TextMaker 2008 and PlanMake 2008 some more, and both have trouble when using the HTC Keyboard. Switching to a standard keyboard the problem goes away. But considering how popular the HTC Touch (and Touch Cruise) are, I think it's worth to have a look at this.

schild

Postby schild » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:55 pm

I'm using the HTC/AT&T Tilt/8925 and have no problem with the slide out HTC keyboard so it's not all of the HTC keyboards, maybe just certain models.

igalan

Postby igalan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:52 pm

I'm talking about the on-screen keyboard, the 20 keys Qwerty keyboard that some HTC models have built in. But with TextMaker / PlanMaker it switches to the Qwerty varfiant with numeric keys on the top, the 20 keys desn't want to come up.

amuehl

Postby amuehl » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:53 pm

We have made some fixes which will be released within the next beta version (that will be available in a few days). We hope that this will fix the problems with the HTC keyboard. It would be very helpful for us if you could give us any feedback regarding this issue after the new beta release.
Alexander Mühl
SoftMaker Software GmbH

igalan

Postby igalan » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:49 pm

Just a quick note, I downloaded the new beta, but I didn't had time to install it on my HTC Touch, yet. I'll post back as soon as I can.

However I did install this new beta on my new Samsung SGH i780 and it has issues, so I'm opening a new post.

igalan

Postby igalan » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:01 pm

I've just installed the current beta on my HTC Touch. The issues that I've reported seem fixed except on the dialog where you input your personal and business data. On these dialogs you can only use a standard Windows SIP, not the HTC one. But everywhere else seems to work fine with the HTC input panel. So not a big deal, although may be a bit of a problem for new users when they are presented with a dialog that will ignore key presses.

jcsc

Postby jcsc » Sat May 03, 2008 5:26 am

I have a similar problem when using Textmaker beta on my HTC Cruise. Touch Keypad and Touch Keyboard only manage to type numeric.
Phatware Calligrapher 8.6 "Write Anywhere" will replace the letter at the Left.
This happen even when I input “space”, it’ll delete the letter on the Left and replace it with a blank.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby sven-l » Mon May 05, 2008 9:41 am

Thanks for the reply. I´ve referred these problems to the developers.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby sven-l » Fri May 09, 2008 4:18 pm

Hello,

we have made some fixes which will be released within the next version of TextMaker 2008 for Pocket PCs.

We hope that this will fix the problems that still exists with the HTC keyboard.

It would be very helpful for us if you could give us any feedback regarding this issue after the release of the new version.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2008 for Pocket PCs BETA”