Installation on Card

Post bug reports and suggestions for the TextMaker 2008 for Pocket PCs beta software.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

duanelong

Installation on Card

Post by duanelong » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:58 pm

Hello,

I downloaded beta and began installing to a card. I had 256 MB free on my card, and 6.5 MB on my device.

During the install, I received some warnings that device was out of memory. The only way to resolve this was to soft reset my device and slowly search for the culprit.

It appears that during install, there was a Softmaker folder loaded under my documents on the device. There was subfolders with what appeared to be sample files, templates, etc...

Why is it installing to my device when I requested my card?

Thanks,

Duane

DrAT

Re: Installation on Card

Post by DrAT » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:25 pm

Hi.
The folder in My Documents typically contains configurations files together with a few other files on my PPC. These are usually updated regularly and I guess they are put there because of this. It's not a large folder; mine is about 110kb. The templates are in a folder on the card that was chosen at installation.
The out of memory notices during installation are because the installation uses a lot of system memory. There's also the age-old problem of Pocket PCs needing single large blocks of memory; they don't cope well with fragmentation. A PC can 'split' a file whereas it has to be 'in one piece' on a PPC. Once the program is installed memory is not such a problem.
Have a look here http://www.softmaker.com/forum/viewtopi ... 904#p23904
Take care,
A.
WM2003SE - HP iPAQ hx4700 - 64Mb RAM

WM5 - XDA Mini S

WM6 - HP iPAQ 214 - 128Mb RAM

WM6.5 - HTC HD2 - 448Mb RAM

StowAway BT Keyboard

Return to “TextMaker 2008 for Pocket PCs BETA”